Caroline and Clare are experienced musicians and music educators.
They have been trained in the Orff Schulwerk approach to music education. This music and movement approach has been developed by Carl Orff (composer of Carmina Burana).
We use body percussion, non-melodic instruments eg: shakers, drums, claves, woodblocks and melodic instruments eg: xylophones, glockenspiels, marimbas.
More about Community Music that we can offer:
- Orff Schulerk teaching for classes of children
- Workshops for Teachers
- Colours of Aotearoa – music for all – choirs, ukes, marimba
- Orff Workshops – sing move play – variety of workshop themes to suit workshop participants
- Ukulele – children and adults
- World Dancing – Folk Dancing
- Suzuki Piano (Clare)
- Guitar and Flute Tuition (Caro)
- Pre-School Music – Clare taught at Kids Music Co for 7 years.
Recent Community Music Projects
- Performed as finalist in the Ukulele Festival 08 APRA Song Writing Competion – Auckland , NZ
- Marimba Festival Nov 08
- Entertainment for Launch of Fashion Design – YBe 08
- Folk Dancing for ‘Never Too Old’ club YMCA
- Presenting workshops for teachers in Christchurch, Kawau Is, and in Auckland 09
- MENZA (music education) Conference in Christchurch July 09
- ECCPA Orff Conference in Melbourne Aug 09 – singing and rhythm games for children
- ANCOS Orff Conference in Adelaide Jan 2010 – presenting workshop
FUN CONFIDENCE JOY OF MUSIC POSITIVE EXPERIENCE.
IF YOU WISH TO KNOW MORE ABOUT COMMUNITY MUSIC MAKING, PLEASE CONTACT CLARE firstname.lastname@example.org or CARO email@example.com